The First Mobile Infection
For a long period of time, the mobile infection was considered a rumor only. But, all that rumor was put to rest when Czech Republic and Slovakian agency setup an infection named Cabir and sent to numerous renowned cybersecurity labs as a proof. When installed on the mobile, the infection, would harm Symbian and Android OS via an active Bluetooth connection and show the word “Cabir” on the installed phone’s display. Designed only as a proof, it didn’t cause any harm though. McAfee Technical Support can be contacted for any assistance in blocking infections.
However, more harmful codes have since distributed. Some of the renowned instances comprise:
CommWarrior — It resets the mobile on the 14th date of month. Pictures of skull as a theme package is displayed, however the file simply disable the programs and apps. It also changes all the icons on the mobile into Jolly Roger or jigsaw pictures.
SymOS/Kiazha.A — a ransomware Trojan that targeted Symbian OS and deleted incoming and outgoing SMS messages.
Several threats have observed since smartphones have become popular, and several continue to launch every day. Since hackers are regularly coming up with new methods to trick users into getting their malware installed, your best method is knowing how these threats work. Below is a list of Android malware.
Types of Mobile Infections
Since mobile devices have become so important to our lives, they have unluckily also become an easy target for hackers. This makes sense considering most of us store crucial data such as banking info and personal pictures on our phones. Android malwares come in multiple flavors, each having its own flukes and entry vectors planned around a certain susceptibility. The following are the most common:
- Spyware — This kind of malware infection is designed to stealthily access data from your phone, and sent it to the command and control server. Spyware seems as genuine applications, which is how the hackers tries to trick the user into installing them in the mobile. Once it is installed, they begin recording data like SMS/text messages, websites being opened, application usage, keys being pressed, credentials like usernames as well as passwords.
- Ransomware — This infectious program encrypts and blocks the essential files, then give a solution to release them only if you give ransom. However, they almost never return the files or unlock them. However, given that several users have very essential data on their mobile phones, the best thing to do is contact the McAfee Customer Support.
- Worms — They are the most serious kind of Android mobile infections. Created to endlessly replicate themselves, and don’t require any user help in order to run. They simply get inside through SMS, MMS, or other source of digital media.
- Trojans — These get linked with genuine applications and harm the mobile phone once it has been installed. Unlike worms, trojans require a user for executing the code of them before performing any sort of actions. Once launched, trojans can disable certain apps or block the mobile phone for a specific period of time.
Features of McAfee Antivirus Support:
- Provides complete protection for mobile phones as well as PC devices.
- Team hired helps to resolve boot up as well as login issues.
- They are available 24/7 on call as well as via chat support.
- All malwares hidden inside the PC are cleared by deep scan process.
- Install as well as uninstall issues are resolved by the experts.
- Setup and configuration of the application is done at a very fast pace.
Remote access is taken to fix every error coming inside the computer machine.